Log in

Dumfries and Galloway Council

Question: How can you provide more events for teenagers to go to ?

Asked by rachel13 to Alastair, Elaine, Sandra, Ted on 30 Sep 2010 in Categories: .

0 Comment on this question

  • Photo: Sandra McDowallSandra McDowall answered on 29 Sep 2010:

    Hi, rachel13. A lot depends on age and interests but Leisure and Sport do organise after school events across the region, advertised in the What’s On Guide. CLD provide youth clubs and drop in centres and I think that some could be opened more often if enough volunteers could be found to form a rota. If you mean concerts, then I’m sure that DGOne in Dumfries could be encouraged to put on suitable events for a younger audience. The Ryan Centre in Stranraer could do likewise as they often share performances anyway.


  • Photo: Elaine MurrayElaine Murray answered on 29 Sep 2010:

    I can’t do that directly as youth facilities are not provided by the Scottish Parliament. However if you and your friends have ideas about what might be provided I could perhaps help you find who could provide facilities or even how you could organise to provide them for yourselves


  • Photo: Alastair WittsAlastair Witts answered on 30 Sep 2010:

    Do you mean things like the Wickerman Festival and T in the Park? I don’t think the council can afford to sponsor events like that, but perhaps local landowners could be encouraged to take something like that on. That’s how the Wickerman festival got started.